Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Eyes of the Luzzu boats





Luzu boats


As promised here is the blog post about the Luzzu boats, I  know I should have wrote about it long time ago, but as I was going through my photos I remembered.
I am a passionate about the sea and boats, it relaxes me.
If you were to go to Malta you have to go see this place it is called "Marsaxlokk" , it is an amazing port  with lots luzzu's, normally that day  was suppose to be a market day and very crowded, but for some festival reasons from the day before it was closed.
I love markets, even though we woke up very early, and made a trip of 2 hours to see this market, I was not disappointed at all that it was closed , I was so amazed by the scenery, everything was clear blue and calm, the colourful boats floating very lightly and the breeze drifting on by , I could stay hours and hours gazing at the beauty of this nature, I was just living the present moment
 I liked the eyes design on the boats and the cheerful colours
When I asked about it they told me that this was a Maltese traditional boat and the eyes were put to protect the sailors from Evil eyes. Some say it is a tradition that came from the phoenician customs.
The  Luzzu was used for fishing,




Comme promis voici le post sur les bateaux "Luzzu", je sais que je devrais écrire ce blog depuis longtemps mais l'autre jour je regardais mes photos et je me suis souvenu.
Je suis une passionnée de la mer et des bateaux, ça me détend.
Si un jour vous visitez Malte, je vous conseille d'aller voir cet endroit magique, ça s'appel Marsaxlokk. Le jour où on est allés devait être le jour du marché mais un festival organisé la veille l'a annulé. J'aime beaucoup les marchés. Malgré un réveil aux aurores et un long trajet (2 heures...) je n'étais pas déçue que ça soit fermé, j’étais juste stupéfaite par la beauté magnifique de ce paysage. Tout était d'une couleur bleu clair, calme. Les bateaux aux couleurs gaies flottaient doucement au bord du quai et un air très doux nous effleurait le visage. Je savourais le moment présent.
J'ai aimé le dessin des yeux sur les Luzus, bateaux utilisés pour la pêche. Les gens m'ont raconté que sur ces bateaux traditionnels de Malte, les yeux étaient ajoutés pour protéger les marins du mauvais sort, selon une coutume phénicienne.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write a comment your opinion is important to me.